Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Do-What-Say-What-Huh?

In December, a 75-unit apartment house opened in Seattle, funded by grants from the local, state and federal governments, as free housing for what the city considers its most incorrigible drunks, on the theory that keeping an eye on them would be less costly than leaving them free to cause mischief and overuse emergency rooms.


Ah, the power of reason.

I wonder if I could convince someone to give me a 20% pay increase to avoid my being tempted to cheat on the taxes that cut into my yearly gross income. Think of all the money we could save on IRS auditors!

Yeah, didn't think so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Cheating allowed.Creative accounting is acceptable.
Tee Hee!
Mom

ashejen said...

Check it out

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5223068