Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Washington DC

Washington DCWell, it's official and everything is in the final stages so I can talk about it now. I've been chosen to represent the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (actually, NRMD--but most of you don't know that acronym) in DC for about three months starting in the middle of August. A good friend of mine, Jenna McGrath did this program last year and has been a wealth of knowledge for me, but even so, this will be a monumental challenge and an excellent career opportunity.

I'm sure you're all wondering about Lilah and no, she cannot come for the entire time; we have dog shows that were previously planned that she'll be taking Calla to and Lilah's new job wouldn't allow her that much time off right now. However, always one to take advantage of an opportunity, Lilah will be coming to DC to spend the last week of August with me in celebration of our anniversary. This is only a shift in the plans we had to bring her down to San Diego for a week in August during my work on the Nimitz, so if all is still good the Stewarts will watch Calla for us during that week and look in on our cats and plants occasionally.

I'm sure there are lots of other questions I should be answering here, but the important part was to get the news out there for everyone to see. Oh, and Mom-Lummus is going to be back in town on Thursday, returning from her trip to Portland with her sister Charlene.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: