Tuesday, August 22, 2006

J.T. in D.C.

I was on the Mad Money Lightning round tonight. I was the last guy and it was a good deal of sitting on hold, but I asked Mr. Cramer himself about Ford (Symbol: F) and Jim recommends a hold or buy. How cool is that?

DC is a whole new world. It's more like Europe to me than America because it's so strangely large and busy. For starters, a lot more people smoke. You don't really notice how many people don't smoke in Washington; or rather you only notice the few who do. Here, it's reminiscent of Las Vegas. Second, drivers suck... but they're polite. It's hard to explain maybe, but for instance, i was lost and driving down town near H street and wanted to be on Connecticut street. At a stoplight I spoke to a gentleman with his window down (yeah, just call me Jim Bob from the country) and not only did he tell me how to get there--which involved making a U-turn and going back toward K street and here I am in the middle lane; not only that, but this guy lets me pull in front of him, make the U-turn and be on my way. That's some serious good will, there. And not a single honk from anyone behind him. Huh.

The work is pretty intense. Really, I'm busy almost every minute of every day... in fact, I would say it's even more hectic because I'm so busy that I don't even realize the day has swept by and that I'm out of time and I should be heading home. Thus far, I've worked a little late every day except today, and that was only because I was having some serious computer problems caused by a profile shift in location from the West coast to the East.

Lilah comes in on Saturday. I haven't seen any of the sights yet and that's by design. But she'll be getting here and come Sunday we'll be out and about looking at everything there is to see.Until then, no pictures, but I have the camera and I'll be loading up with as many shots as I can.

So, for now, later. :j

1 comment:

ashejen said...

Hope it's calmed down some for you...seems like it did for me once I got in the hang of it.

I'm horrible - I was in Baltimore all week and my brain just flaked that you're in DC...

Duh.

Hope Ernesto is good to you...