Saturday, July 14, 2007

Typhoon, Schmi-phoon

All in all, the bru-ha-ha was all blown out by the time it got this far north. I know that there have been plenty of stories on the local news about the flooding and the damage from the typhoon down in the south, but for those of you who were worried about my humble abode... the shutters never even shook.

Otherwise, not a whole lot of news to share. Work is crazy after having taken the time off to spend with Lilah, on top of which we're entering a very busy time right now at work with the Mock Avail upcoming event and the Kitty Hawk Integrated Project Team Development course, IPTD, which is the new acronym for Project Management College, PMC, that I attended down in San Diego in February of this year.

I'm still feeling my way around the base and the work and the changes that are needed; to that end, a mentor arrived this past week, Doug Carson, from Puget Sound to help me try to piece together all the pieces and parts that need attention. Doug was my PEPM when I was down in San Diego as the Inside Shop Engineer for the USS NIMITZ. He's got a ton of experience and a pretty good head on his shoulders, so for the next month he'll be tagging along with me and giving me a nudge when I'm off the path. He's already imparted some good advice on the Hot Wash that we're doing next week and some of the personnel actions that I'm unfamiliar with.

So anyway, without much more to offer I'm going to add some more pictures from Lilah's trip. A special shout out to all of you who still check this blog, even with my sporadic posting. Oh, and Big Rob, I know you're watching!

:j

Tokyo area photos:

Shibuya-



Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa


Harajuku --



Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa


The Temple at Harajuku --



Posted by Picasa





Until next post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Smoly there sure are a lot of people in some of those pics-please tell me that was rush hour!
LUM
Aunt patti