Friday, November 18, 2005

A few good Pics

Here's some pictures from my recent trip aboard the USS Germantown.















The mast is pictured first. And boy is it tall! The deck I'm standing on to take this photo is about 100 feet off the water and the top of that mast tower is about another 100 feet above me! You can see a couple of pictures of my buddy Eric climbing the very top portion of this mast in the next two pictures.

During the 5 days and 6 nights we were aboard, no less than 5 diffferent types of Helicopters landed on the flight deck of this ship. The pictures show a Huey and an Appache; others will be posted next time.

A couple other items about the ship that I found neat were the really mean Machine gun and the refueling process underway, pictured in the next three pictures.

A real nice sunset to wrap it all up and we'll call that a day! Oh, and some katsup. If you ask why I'll tell you it's because I was being creative...

:jnl

2 comments:

saubyfamily said...

well hey there stranger. Maybe you'd get more comments on your blog if you actually gave your blog address out to your friends!!! Sheesh! I got here via a link from Jenna's blog (whom I also *just* got the address to!)

Anyways, nice blog and I'm very much looking forward to having some time with Lilah and Jenna this Saturday!!!

Char

Anonymous said...

What is Char talking about.I have gone to their blog on several occasions and the last time they posted on it was for Cooper's birthday party.They must be very busy.
Mom