Friday, November 04, 2005

Yo! Ho! Ho! A Pirate's life for me!

It's been pouring rain here all day. In fact, for about a week, but today was especially grim. Which, is why it is such terrible news that I will be heading to San Diego for the next week or two. It won't necessarily be fun and games, but it will be... oh who am I kidding, this will be fun. Still, it will be work, so don't hate me.

Lilah will be in last-minute "crunch mode" for her test on Wednesday the 9th, and probably won't even notice that I'm not home until about Wednesday night. Hopefully, if things go right I might be heading home shortly there after, but if not that will give her some time to unwind and have some dedicated "Lilah" time.

Anyway, no updates on the house plans--things are changing in design but not in scope. I almost feel edgy putting down my design plans to go to sea, but it has to be done and I have some good deal of time off during the Thanksgiving week to rededicate myself to the engineering drawings. If you would like to read some of the trials and tribulations of someone who has done this type of remodel himself in an area very close to mine, I recommend heading over to Geekazon where a gentleman by the name of Doug has a very detailed and informative website about his house lifting experience and the subsequent remodel. Thanks again Doug for the permission to link to your site!

Today's photos include a friend of ours named Jenna. She has a blog, but I haven't gotten permission to link to it (haven't asked) so I'm not going to do that yet. Then the every beautiful Lilah amongst tulips in bloom. Followed by some pics of me and Lilah and even one with Charity thrown in for good measure (and she's smiling!).

Take care everyone and I'll post from So-Cal if I get the chance!

:j









4 comments:

SquirrleyMojo said...

you people look happy

ashejen said...

OMG...that picture...

Where the heck was that???

And feel free to linky to the blog...

Anonymous said...

Hey- we read it every night "Andy"! Happy belated BD- just means we are getting really old-Had the flu for last 2 weeks still hacking- but isn't it neat to have a Mom to leave comments.
Czy Aunt Patti
LUM
Oh yeah - hard hat and Duck!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh . . . xoxo, Janice