Friday, September 22, 2006

Calling All Cars



So, I know I just mentioned Storm and the Balls Yesterday as the band that I entered in the contest over at Engadget, but I'm really excited to tell everyone that their single "Ladylike" had made it onto iTunes! I've been trying to find Storm on iTunes for years, and searching by her name last night I had no luck; but the bands website said which single would be available on iTunes, so I searched for the song and viola! There it was!

Please please please, go and download the song! There are two versions and I will tell you that the explicit version is not for everyone. She uses the F work quite a lot, though I will defend her by saying that the context in which it's used is to express anger and angst, and it's therefore used correctly and not superfluously to merely draw attention. However, I also believe that the clean version is very acceptable replacing "what" for the f-word.

The chorus goes:
What the (f)what is Lady like if ladies like to do what they like, just like you.

where the what with the (f) in front of it is where the words are substituted.

Anyway, that's a really long way of saying, if you own an iPod, and you have 99 cents to spare, please please please give this band your support.

Also, for those friends who are interested in a pilgrimage this February, Storm and the Balls are playing an arena concert in Portland... And I'm going!

No comments: