Thursday, March 22, 2007

If I Were a Kid, This Would Be Cool

Can you believe that it is already the end of March? Like a week away or less. When I was in school, the distance between Christmas break and Summer break was amazingly long, infinitely long, a product of quantum physics long, tectonically slow even. But here it is, the official start of spring is either here or about to happen--good ole' Punxsutawney Phil (way to look the other way)--and I'm still wondering when I'll get to the rest of my Christmas presents.

Did we even have a February this year?

The end of March also means the beginning of April, and while that may not surprise even a few of you, it's a definite surprise for me as it pushes me even closer and closer to a life altering relocation. I booked an appointment for the movers to come in and grab an "urgent" shipment: stuff that's supposed to hold me over until Lilah gets there with the bulk of our household goods. That also means that I need to buckle down and start unloading everything we don't plan on taking or storing.

Does anyone want a cat?

The "gravity" is setting in. The weight of knowing that I'm not only leaving Washington--just a mere car ride away from anywhere in America (except Hawaii of course... unless you were to sit in your car on the barge in which case that might count), but actually leaving the country. I imagine that this is how a baseball must feel going over the wall at Shea stadium, although I've never been to Shea Stadium and truthfully the ball might be happy to get away from the prospect of another attack by the bat of a roid raging bazillionaire. I digress.

Did I mention the cats? Two for the price of one, and the first one is free!

I wonder if there will be any surprise going away parties. Just in case, I like Margaritas and German Chocolate cake... though not necessarily at the same time.

3 comments:

saubyfamily said...

well, well, you have slown down on your blogging quite a bit. Does that mean you've actually been having to work? EGAD! lol. Hey, just to let you know I finally got my own family blog up to date if you'd like to check it out. CHASE is ADORABLE! They look like twins!! Do you know what an AMAZING wife you have? You better not ever leave her for more than a week after you're finally reunited in Japan... she deserves to have a full time hubby! Esepcially one as fun as you! Sooo... when's the official date you leave town? Jeff leaves on April 30th for DC... but of course will also be heading to Japan for a week before then... so I guess our final gathering time is limited.

Well, it is spring break, I'm up WAY too late (updating the blog) and so off I go.... hi ho, hi ho! Take care, great to read the updates!

ashejen said...

German Chocolate Cake and Margaritas - sounds like an interesting combo!

Gosh - time's flying by!!!

Anonymous said...

You do have a very busy life-if I/We do not get to talk to you before you leave for japan. Know that we Love You Both More
Aunt Patti & Robert, Pumbaa & Mushka