Monday, February 13, 2006

Come to find out...

Well, some of you (if there really is any one out there reading this stuff) might have noticed that I've not been posting very frequently. Somewhat sporadic even, you might say.

There's a reason.

No, not the one about me being mad because no one leaves comments and I'm not to be bothered... though, youse people know who you are and I'm keeping tabs.

No, the reason that I've not been posting here is because I've been posting somewhere else: www.projectsoup.com. This is my new hobby / project about remodeling. Those of you familiar with our home remodel project will see a lot of information that you'd been wanting to see here, posted over there. Pictures of the house before we bought it; horror stories from the home inspection; ideas and technologies we're hoping to incorporate into our new build. All kinds of groovy and nifty things are over at Project Soup.

There could be more. I'm really light on authors right now. Namely, it's just me. I'm also looking for a graphics artist to help me redesign the site to give it a brand image and help market the site. I do what I can with the limited knowledge I have about web design combined with the limited amount of time I have available throughout the day.

On the plus side, I get to go to lots of trade shows, which i really enjoy, and I get to see lots of things that pertain to home remodeling, which I also enjoy. I've asked a couple of friends to chip in some articles on the topics of construction and remodeling and landscaping, too. But thus far I know that everyone is busy in his or her own lives and so I'm not too hurt about not having gotten any thing yet. I'm still holding out hope. If you happen to know of someone just itching to write an article on home remodeling or what not, give them my email address.

In the coming weeks, preferably after I've gotten a web designer/graphics designer to give this the once over, I will be pushing the site into the advertising realm. This really goes hand in hand with the home remodel. The dream being that this site gets popular enough that manufactures want to comp me their products to put into the Project House so that they get free advertising. But I'm a good deal away from that right now.

Anyway, if you've missed me, that's where I've been. Feel free to come over and leave a comment or two on what you see. Oh, and if you go to page two of the blog, you'll see a quick little clip on safety laminate that Lilah shot with her own video camcorder. She's very proud of her work, and I must profess, it is quite impressive.

That's about it for today. :j

1 comment:

ashejen said...

You're cheating?? On blogger??? Shame...shame...