Tuesday, December 20, 2005

4 Shopping Days until Christmas!



So I'm back from my last trip of the year, a one week tour on the USS Stennis, CVN 74. I picked up a sinus and ear infection as a souvenir on my trip and thus am at home popping antibiotics and narcotic cough medicine.

I think poor Calla is going stir crazy. What with me being sick I'm at home, which in her eyes means it's time for a trip to the Dog park. Our good friends the Stewarts (see photo) have a very energetic Schnauzer that Calla likes to play with. I might beg to borrow their Bode (that's his name) and wear the old girl out. Aaron has been out to sea with a different project (we work together) and Chelsea's been at work, so I bet Bode could use some crazy time, too.

Anyway, things are well. We're getting lots of rain now and I've found a new leak in our laundry room. Other than the inconvenience, this is an area that will be completely torn down and replaced, so I'm not in a panic. But I do need to check the rest of the house to make sure that nothing nasty is happening. I'll be very very glad when this project gets started and I can see all the problem areas being tended.

I'm including some pictures from my trip aboard the USS Stennis. They're mostly from just two of the 6 days, but you'll see that Jeff, my good buddy from the Nimitz project that I did down in San Diego, was aboard with me on this one. Curt and Eric, too!Take care everyone! Miss you all.






No comments: