Thursday, December 08, 2005

In other news

So I stopped into Art Anderson Architect & Structural Engineering the other day to discuss with them the plans and drawings that I'm working on for the house. Come to find out there is currently a 60 day ban on construction in my neighborhood. In truth, that doesn't affect me so much because I don't intend to break ground until April. But, the reason they are holding the moratorium is of interest to me. I'm trying to find out more, but apparently the main reason is to establish zoning regulations on property height and such.

This could be good news, though. If they establish a regulation that promotes building in my area, then we will have developers bringing fresh money into the area. Currently there are construction plans along Washington from 1st street to 5th street and maybe as far as 6th street. If the city council decides to allow for appealing zoning, that could push the renovation belt all the way to 11th street!

I'll keep you posted as I find more out about these developments.

:j

No comments: