Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What a Blog Squatter she is!

Okay, yeah, I get it... you haven't seen a post in a while. But me own dear wife?!? How could she leave me such an anonymous comment as to why I haven't updated my "freaking" blog.

But I admit, much that is blog-worthy has happened, and yet so little time has presented itself to tend to prose.

Those truly die-hard fans will recall that many moons ago I posted about the mysterious disappearance of one Christopher Kirkwood-Watts. And said truly truest die-hardest of fans (yeah, I know I'm counting zeros here, but it's my story and the fictional prerogative is mine) will have noticed that in the comments section of that particular post was a response from none other than the aforementioned celeb'u-tant. What, perhaps, you don't know is that we connected via "the email" (what I wouldn't do for some good old fashioned Finger Quotes, ala Dr. Evil, circa Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery-- well actually now that I think about it, the amount that I would do is actually quite small... say, take out the trash type of magnitude) and that shortly thereafter Mr. K-Watts and I had dinner in Seattle. Yea, truly, the World Wide Web is the best thing since the partitioned bread loaf.

Not to mention that we also have a baby on the way that is all of 6 weeks till delivery! Yeah, that's definitely blog-worthy-ness if ever there were such an honorific.

In the interim between then and now, then being the last significant blogging event and now being when you are reading these words, my camera -- that thousand words per shuttered event, passed into the great electronic ever after. It's a feeling of nakedness to walk into this great big world without the safety of my megapixels. And while it is a great excuse to invest into the next amazing adventure in photography, new and improved, bigger and better... the old F-717 had been with me for many a year and had provided thousands of memories. Adieu my good friend; adieu.

I have traveled a couple of times this year: once to Norfolk, where I also stopped in DC and followed up with an ankle exam in Seattle. And while DC was a stop for work, it was very good to be able to stop and visit old friends and enjoy company and conversation in a greatly enjoyable "non-work" atmosphere.

A recent trip to Hawaii was no less enjoyable, though it would have been much better with spousal companionship. Alas, that was not to be this trip. There were some photographers in attendance at one of the most enjoyable outings of the week: the Catamaran Trip around Diamond Head. I'll include some of their photos (slightly touched up) in this post and work on getting more posted as time allows.

Much more has happened of course, like the birth of Asher William Stewart on April 23rd. Like the contact from my biological father and all the pithiness in the ensuing conversations. Like my mother (in law) heading to Japan at the end of the first week of June. Like the trip to Bremerton mid May, and soon after the trip to Texas. Many things to share. Just no time to share them.

Au Revoir, mes Amis.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see and read the updates of your escapades.We are Waiting to see pictures of Mom 2 b in her Mommie condition.
We Love you More
Aunt Patti

The Troxels said...

You did catch the part about me not having a camera any more, right?

Anonymous said...

Time for a new investment then.

Anonymous said...

Gee a baby coming an no camara-ehhh gadsss. We can't cell phone this event=travasty.
Rule # 1 -Photo,Photos,Photos!
Silly new Daddys.
LUM
Aunt Patti

The Troxels said...

For those who are so concerned (and rightly so) about the loss of our dearly departed Camera, we will be accepting donations in lieu of complaints.

Please send your checks, with as many zeros as possible, to:
Jason & Lilah
PSC 473 Box 8
FPO AP 96349

:j