Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Silence No More!

Welcome to the world, Cadence June Troxel, born at 6:40 pm on June 10th, 2008.



Not only is she incredibly beautiful, but she was also surprisingly willing to come out and see the world. Lilah and her mother were spending the day together, her mother and I having just gotten back to Japan on Monday, June 9th at 8 PM. There was talk of some contractions, different than Braxton-Hicks, but not really conforming to the "oh-my-word-that's-killing-me" contraction that everyone advised us about.

It was a good thing that Nana Lummus was here to supervise because she insisted that Lilah call the doctor and later go in to see the delivery peeps. Sure enough, without much ado, Lilah was seven centimeters! I stopped by to check on her only to learn that we were admitted and under observation. FOUR HOURS LATER we had a baby!

What a trooper Lilah is; she said she wanted to birth natural and she did--no pain meds, no vacuum assist, no kidding!

Prepare for a barrage of pictures. Cuteness commences immediately!

Early Afternoon Edit: I will continue to add some pictures to this post while we're here at the hospital. Once we're back home we'll start what will surely be many many new posts. So, here's some more photos:




6 comments:

ashejen said...

Huge congrats! What a cutie she already is!

Anonymous said...

Jason your mom is smiling down from heaven with her arms wrapped around all 3 of you.
Ok here is one thing you have to do just for your Mom.
Hold your daughter and just smell her hair and the newness of coming into the world.Its a Bricker thing-the smell of a newborn-yummy.
Well congrates-DADDY & MOMMIE.
I am a great aunt-Holy Sh*t-I'm old. I am so proud of you 3. How much did she weigh? How long? Whos hands and who's feet does she have.
Lilah ya did good girl! Sissy would be proud! Ok the tears are making it hard to type.
I Love all 3 of you MORE.
Great Aunt Patti

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I am thrilled for the both of you and I really wish you the best.

I don't expect many posts soon from you as I've been there as well. And I know all too well that the first two or three weeks is a serious shock to your system because of three facts;

1. Something that tiny needs to eat that often.

2. Something that tiny can be that loud.

3. For something that doesn't have a lot of input, it sure does have a lot of output.

:) Kidding, of course.

But I really do want to say congratulations. Lisa and I have finally purchased the Learn Japanese thing. My hope is after we are a little more comfortable with what we are learning to come to Japan and I would love to visit the three of you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the both of you. So when can we expect the other five or six siblings?

CV

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! BUT JEEZ! Couldn't you have waited until after June 14th? This cost me $10 as I lost the bet. :) Seriously, my heartfelt congratulations to the new parents!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! Congratulations! The many joys have just begun. :) Kiss her every day.

M&A