Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Bon Odori of the Year

Our local area, Uraga, held a bon Odori this past weekend and Lilah and I managed to make an appearance. It was a short one because my limitations on crutches and the baby's limitations on feeding were both challenging to a long term visit, but we were able to put in about an hour or two in the late afternoon and caught some friends of ours there, Dusty and Tomoko.

As usual the baby got a ton of attention, and well deserved if you ask me. We ate some Yakisoba and drank fruit juices while we watched people and some non-traditional dancing events. It was a significantly different experience than last year's bon Odori in Mabori Kaigon, but much fun none-the-less. This Friday is the SRF-JRMC bon Odori, which I also attended last year; this year will probably be a little more meet and greet and less stay and play because of the aforementioned limitations - but this is always the biggest party of the year here at SRF, so we'll do our best to stay as long as possible. Lilah has even purchased a Yukata (summer weight kimono) and is taking dance lessons! I'll be sure to bring an empty memory card for the camera for this event!







Anyway, that's all for now. The temporary cast is coming off on Friday and I'll get my first look at the damage (pictures to follow... you've been warned.) The new crutches I've been pining for are on their way, but I won't go into too much detail on that, because this story deserves it's own post in the near future.

Take care and keep the comments coming. We love to hear from our friends and fans!

2 comments:

Tommie said...

Awwwwww I love ALL the photos on your blog!!! I Love it!!!

I am stuck at home working on the posters for the another Bonodori party this friday! Bring your camera! he he he!

Anonymous said...

Cadence is filling out quite nicely. I can't believe how much she has changed in couple of weeks. She is so cultured already! -Chelsie