Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mucho Meaty Footlong


Mission accomplished. It will be a huge toll on my leg - 4 to 6 months no weight bearing, physical therapy, crutches... but the first and largest and most painful hurdle is over. I was completely knocked out and don't remember much; Lilah was there when I woke up and that was the most important thing. I couldn't feel my leg or foot for the first 18 hours. I was freaking out a bit wondering if perhaps they had damaged the nerve center. But, in reality, they just had me on REALLY good drugs. Since then I've been on a variety of morphine and a slightly different version of Oxycontin. Oh, and some anti-nausea drugs as the aforementioned make me want to spew all the time. Blech.

So I have crutches and a walker and a two and six week follow up, the latter of which will be here in Seattle again. More pictures of our wonderful visit with the Stewies to follow. Speaking of which, Aaron recommended a new lens for the Cannon that I picked up and absolutely love! It's a 50 mm fixed 1:1.8 auto focus lens. I took the above photo with this new lens.

That's all for now. :j

No comments: