Monday, July 21, 2008

Wonder Twin Powers, ACTIVATE!

The recent trip to Seattle was a good opportunity (pre-Operation) to stop in and visit with Aaron and Chelsie and the new Stewart Family addition, Asher. More importantly, we got a chance to introduce the Stewart Family to our newest addition, Cadence. As I mentioned in a previous post, Aaron and I got a chance to talk cameras and I even went so far as to make a purchase of a new lens, similar to one of his based on it's exceptional ratings and amazingly low price.

These photos were all taken at the Stewart Residence. There are some other good shots to share, but these all seemed to theme together very well, a wonderful pairing of super-powers if you will.








Finally, we're back in Japan now. I'm struggling with life as a burden to someone else. Besides the pain, which the pain pills have not been very effective at muting, there's the lack of independence. Luckily I can pottie on my own; but everything from a bedside glass of water to shifting the dinner plate from the kitchen to the dinning room is impossible with both hands occupied by my crutches. And while stairs in America were somewhat achievable even on crutches, Japanese stairs are a different reality. Crawling is my only option, and luckily I have a walker for the upstairs and the crutches for downstairs because dragging one or the other up and down would again be an impossibility. So enough of my sob story. Only 15 more weeks, 2 days to go to the blessed independence of self mobility.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I must say, those two whipper snappers are quite fetching! We had so much fun meeting Cadence and we can't wait to see you again :)
-Chelsie

Anonymous said...

Miss Cadence needs to lone her buddy some of her beautiful brown hair. He might get a complex if she doesn't. He is a cutie cueball though.
GAP