Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sleepy in Seattle

Hello, my name is Jason, and I... uh, this is so hard... I am a blogger. You know, it started out with just a few words on the screen, a picture or two. But then everything spun out of control! I started pontificating! I started just throwing all these pictures up for public adoration. It got so bad I stopped using words all together and just threw picture after picture up on the screen, expecting it to be the same.

Yeah, it's been awhile.

Well, we're back in Seattle. Sure I've been here before, but now it's "us" - the Troxel Family adventure if you will. Cadence was amazingly apathetic about the entire international flying affair. A few feedings, a few changings, a fair amount of snoozing and that was about the extent of our flight.

The big story, of course, is that I'm going into surgery this week. It's taken forever to get to this point, and I'm not particularly excited about getting bone and skin and cartilage, cut and broken and drilled and sewn. But a girl's gotta do whatta girl's gotta do. Well, no, I guess that doesn't fit; anyway, I don't have a whole lot of options besides pain and hobbling, and well, those are getting old.

Anyway, as the title suggests, here it is about 1200 am local Seattle time and I'm wide awake. The nap didn't help; but I was tired. I'm hoping that Cadence will be able to sleep; I'm not sure how many hours she's slept today, what with crossing the dateline and the plane ride and the nap. I guess we'll find out.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay,
I hope everything goes well Manley and I will keep you in our thoughts I am sure you will be just fine.(Hugs)


Christina

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your surgery. Seattle's the best

L&M

Beautiful family