Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One Down, Eleven to Go.

Can you believe that January is already over?!? Where did it go? Maybe if I were to measure it in inches of rain it would be much more apparent... perhaps I can use my soon-to-be patented living room bucket rainwater measuring system.

So how has everyone been doing on his or her resolutions? Forgotten already? We're doing pretty well-ish. Our nutrition is still in good practice as is our exercise dedication, our pursuit of all things home remodel is going well if a little slowly, and we've put more focus on our church experience. In fact, we're currently going through a membership class to become members at Silverdale Baptist Church; Tuesday nights for 4 more weeks (of 6 total).

Cleaning has not gone as fast as hoped and we've really not stuck with our supposed "grounding". However, I have accomplished the first hurdle, which was to empty the large closet just off the entryway. That was a full dump run in and of itself. The downside is that what wasn't thrown away is scattered across the living room and the downstairs guest room. There were only so many hours in my day off yesterday so I didn't get things put away yet. Oh, and Christmas decorations! EGADS! That is one tremendous pile of sprawling stuff.

Lilah will be tackling the office and the craft room (formerly known as the "Blue" Room--which is more of a marketing change since the blue room is in truth still blue), transporting the bulk of our books to the dining room shelving or boxing them up for the eventual move out during remodel.

Ah yes, the remodel. Well, I think we scared our real estate agent; he never called back, which is to say he never called at all after his visit. And in truth, while I'm still overwhelmed by the sheer scope of the project, I'm now pretty certain that I'm ready to go forth and stumble... err, conquer. So, seeing as I have no $450k offers in hand (and seeing that my neighbors house is not selling for $423k like hotcakes), I propose to forgo the easy sell and do this the hard right way.

Hope all of you are doing well and I'll try to keep you mo-betta posted in the future.

No comments: