Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Desperate Housecats

It's true... we recently cat sat for some friends of ours who were on vacation. Two cats here in our house with us and our two cats and our dog. I wouldn't say that these cats were any worse than ours, but only because their owners happen to read our blog... uh, I mean because our cats are just as rambunctous as theirs are. ^_^

But they were really good fun. Here's some photos!









Yup, we're great cat sitters!

So, many of you have left comments on the ole' Troxel Blog, and we appreciate that! Thanks! Now, I'll be the first to admit, that in general Blogs are new to me, too. And because of that, I wanted to go over some of the basics that I have learned thus far.

First: Click on any picture to enlarge it! Did you know that? Wanna a really good look at Scarlett's hunka hunka burning diamond? Click on the photo of the ring(S) from yesterday's post and you'll get a much more blindly beautiful view!

Also: at the end of this month, all these posts will disappear. Well, not really, they'll just get archived. You'll see that over on the right hand side of this page there is a section called "Links" and another section called "Previous Posts" and below that there is a section called "Archives", which since this is a new blog only contains the month of September. So, as I understand it, come October, if you want to read what has happened in September, you'll have to go over and click on the month of September in the Archives section.

Next: The first thing over there on the right hand side: "Links", those are links we have personally chosen to share with you.
Google news is probably the only generic one that we left from the original template and that is because I (Jason) use it as a good source of info.
The next link Photo Sig is there because I am a member and post a good deal of my photography there (under the pseudonym Jonahwhale). Before you travel there, please note that there are filters set up by default to blank out questionable material, but that if you become a member and change these filters some materials you might not agree with could be seen.
Anyway, the next link is for Wikipedia. I just love Wikipedia. Have one of those burning questions that you really don't know the answer to and don't trust the person next to you to admit when they're bullsitting? Go to Wikipedia.org. Here, try it. Do you know what TCP/IP is? Now all you tech heads who laughed and said "yeah"... do you really know what TCP/IP is and the actual science of how it works and why? Go to Wikipedia.org and enter this into the search bar and you'll find out more than you've ever wanted to know about TCP/IP's. And it's not just for technical stuff. Since it is written and edited by users, there as many topics and subjects as there are knowledgeable people. I encourage you to wiki whenever possible.
The next link is MSNBC's the week in pictures. It's a flash site, but if you have the plugin, this is a great collection of photography every week.
The local paper is for the Kitsap sun. If you're from here you're probably not interested, but my mom reads the internet version of this paper more than most locals do, so I figured maybe some other family members would appreciate a "hot" link.
The Baby Name Wizard is just one of those cool sites. It's a javascript routine that references the Social Security Administrations names database and will tell you (based on the SSA's info) where your name falls into the top 1000 names at any given time over the past 100 plus years. Basically, it's a time waster... and a darn good one!
Tech news and Video game news links are there for me (Jason) and those people who share a similar interest. The Tech news has the latest on all sorts of groovey gadgets. Video game news isn't going to go too far outside the video game box.

Whew!

Okay, that deserves a picture break.


Yes, actually, we do spend an exhorbinant amout of time taking pictures of our dog. Deal with it.

So, the last thing to share with you about blogs is the comments section. At the end of each dated post you will see the word "comments" in Green... you can click on it and leave comments about what you've just read! That way both myself and other Caffeinated readers will know which items you're commenting on!

Okay, it's late so I will sign off without telling you the incredibly embarrasing (and my wife says hysterical) story of how I got up in the middle of the night, got out of bed, grabbed my pillow, walked around the bed, got back into bed on my wife's side, and went back to sleep... all without ever knowing I did such a thing until I woke up this morning wondering how the heck I ended up on the wrong side of the bed. Literally. Glad I'm not sharing that story with you... It's just plain weird.

:j

No comments: