Thursday, September 29, 2005

I guess I'll have to use a Thousand Words...

So, I've tried over the past couple of days to post some more pictures for everyone to see.

No Such Luck.

I would like to take this time to officially complain to the blogspot people on how difficult they have made an easy process. I don't know why the picture insertion routine goes through the entire (and lengthy) process of downloading the photo I have pointed to if I'm already out of room--if that's the reason this isn't working.

So that's my vent... the system is not working as advertised and it's not telling me why it's not working. Just no pictures.

Otherwise, it's a busy week! Monday and Tuesday night were grocery shopping. No, normally I try not to use two nights for shopping, but I got called into work on Monday evening, thus shortening my shopping time; Tuesday was the wrap up. Wednesday (last night) was Trap shooting. Our little group has been trying our luck with the single-shot continental setting, which throws the pigeons in the traditional 160-ish degree arc, but also throws them and different elevations at a higher rate of speed. I like to think that traditional Trap settings are very much like Duck and Goose hunting where birds set their wings and arc into you whereas continental setting is more like pheasant, quail, or grouse hunting where birds spook from the brush and rush in any number of different directions at different heights and speeds.

Tonight I will be heading to Seattle to meet up with my buddy Tristan who is down from Alaska. I was going to post a picture of him for everyone so that they could remember who he was from Lilah and my wedding down in Texas; he was one of my groomsmen. He's in town for some high tech turbo-gen research stuff that his employer, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, is backing. Basically he does the real engineer's Engineering and I'm flat out jealous. Lilah and I will be having dinner with him and catching up on his glamorous life. :)

Tomorrow night is dinner with the Stewarts! What great peeps Chelsea and Aaron are! The picture of the completely adorable black Schnauzer from the "Some Pictures and Thoughts" post is their dog, Bode. He and Calla are great playmates and in fact, that's half the fun of spending time with them. Too, Chelsea and Aaron are great cooks, which makes them fabulous friends indeed! Aaron and I work together here in the Noise and Vibration group at the Shipyard and Chelsea is a nurse in the Cardiac unit at the local hospital. We'll try to get some pictures of them so that you all can meet and greet!

Saturday night is the Sauby's dog's friends' gathering. Ha! Okay, it's really Cooper's (that's their dog--a giant of a German Sheppard) 1st birthday, but the Saubys are celebrating their German Heritage Oktoberfest Style in conjunction with Cooper's birthday as one big Brat-tober-festival Extraordinaire. I can't wait! We'll get pictures from this, too, and hopefully figure out a way to get them posted to the blog.

Sunday is... hmmm, I think we can actually stop and rest (after church and Sunday school of course) on Sunday... OR MAYBE we'll be going to dinner at Wendy's house!

Take care everyone and we'll try to keep you updated.

:jnl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I get to live vicariouly thru your blog- how neat- but I noticed Food is a big part of your social lives,I think I remember those days. Sorta like the vibration thing, I could counteract some of the foods with other foods to make no food.It ain't working anymore at my age so enjoy it while U can.
Czy Aunt Patti

ashejen said...

Did you try Hello from google for posting to the blog?