Saturday, October 01, 2005

Happy October!

Well, We have some assorted photos to start off the October Month.
First up is Lilah from Last Christmas wearing her new cap and mittens.
Then there's some of Lilah's co-workers
Next is the dog park where Lilah and I take Calla; this particular day we caught a rainbow between rain storms.
Charles, on our now infamous fishing/hunting trip.
The last pic is of a kayaker who's fishing at lake Sylvia.

So October is here. This is about the time of year that I begin to realize that the end of the year is close at hand. Sure, there's September, but I tend to think of that as the last of summer. Then there's November... but it's already cold and rainy in Washington so I guess October has to be the month. I'm starting backshift tomorrow so I won't be seeing the "days" for a little while, but here in the living room at 2 am it's cool and bordering on cold.

Two am! I haven't seen this time of day on a school night since Senior Design in College. I started the evening with a good pot of coffee and a large pile of laundry... both now done. I think that switching over is the easy part; switching back is always the hardest. Well, not technically correct; the hardest part is not seeing Lilah for as long as this lasts. While I'm down here pitter-pattering around to stay awake, Lilah is upstairs dreaming away. About the time her alarm goes off I'll be ready to go to sleep. Starting tomorrow it's very likely that I won't even see her in passing because she'll be on the ferry to meet up with her study group before I'm relieved from my nights work and I'll be on the way to work about the time she's getting onto the ferry to come home.

Tonight we had a movie date. We haven't done that in a while... well, since Hawaii. Sure, I like to complain about the cost of tickets and the ridiculous mark up on goodies as much as the next person. And I really am very fed up with kickers, talkers, crying kids, snoring elders, etc. in the theater that I don't have to put up with in my living room. But those aren't the reasons that we haven't been out to the movies lately. Just like everyone else, we're pretty fed up with the incredibly poor selection of movies this summer. I mean, we started off pretty strong with some good movies, but the last half of summer has been dismal. However, tonight we went to see Serenity, and what an awesome movie! Sure, it's a si-fi thriller that is heavy on the special effects, but the characters are fully developed and engaging, the plot is compelling and engaging, and the tension is perfect!

So that's the blog for today. Nothing earth shattering or life altering, but what did you expect for 2 am?

:jnl




No comments: