Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The iPod Generation

I love my new iPod. Lilah got it for me for our anniversary, and I can honestly say that it's changed the way I listen to music. Heck, now that I have an iPod I actually have a chance to listen to music again. It's great! I like to explain it as so: Think of every recipe you've ever seen in a magazine, a cookbook, on the Internet, etc.; they all sound great, but it's a hassle to make them. The iPod is like your personal chef.

So, what with the "season" upon us, it's time to start wondering what we're doing and when, for the holidays. I've been told that Mom Lummus is coming to Washington over the Christmas vacation, but that rumor was from quite a while back. Anyone have a confirmation on this? What about Christmas lists-Does anyone have their Christmas list info yet? For the record, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes, is on my wish list.

Calla is being fickle about eating again. Perhaps I could learn a bit from her. The Bowflex home gym is going to be delivered around December. We've, for a couple of years now, been going to the local gym at the Bremerton Shipyard, but this is time consuming to go to and it never is convenient for us to get up and get there. With a home gym, we're hoping to limit how much we're paying out while increasing how much we're able to use the service. If all else fails, it'll make a great coat rack. Anyway, back to Calla. She's been getting a bit of Cottage Cheese and Moist food with her dry food because she is so underweight. At first she would dig right in; now she's back to her old routine of pick and eat. God bless a Terrier.

In other news, we're supposed to be making the trip to the bank this month to look at refinancing our house for the remodeling projects. Hmmm. maybe we'll be visiting others this holiday season! We'd better get our act in gear though, the rates are on the rise.

Anyway, I guess I don't have a whole lot to add to the blog because my day mostly consists of sleep and work. Back shift is always a bit brutal on the body, and quite a bit on the mind as well.

Talk to you all later!

:jnl

No comments: